For The Struggle seeks a Program Director for its Community Response Team that will operate out of Columbia, SC. This will be a part-time position that requires experience working with community and engaging community to identify people in need of services to combat systemic issues of racial and social injustice. If you have strong organizing skills and are committed to racial and social justice work, please consider joining our team!
• Recruitment: Build a volunteer team of canvassers to collect information regarding residents in historically and predominately black communities for purposes of identifying people in need.
• Volunteer Management: Train volunteer canvassers and work with volunteers in both individual and group settings. Create a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.
• Plan, organize and execute canvassing events in historically black neighborhoods. This includes preparing training materials, volunteer waiver forms, and ordering food and gift cards for volunteers.
• Carefully Collect data from volunteer canvassers and track and enter data collected into FTS’s electronic database. Ensure data entry and quality control is executed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Facilitate the completion of services rendered to communities we serve.
• Communicates with other team members regarding the status of data entered into database in a timely manner;
• Respects applicant dignity and confidentiality; and
• Performs any other tasks necessary to advance the South Carolina Community Response Team.
Strong communication and organizational skills, self-motivated and great work ethic, and a demonstrated commitment to fighting for racial and social justice. Candidates must be able to work within a team, have proven leadership ability and an orientation towards handling a lot of responsibility. Strong self-direction and the ability to take initiative are also necessary qualifications. Access to reliable transportation is a must. Previous field and community engagement experience are a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to execute a large project with little oversight or management
• Must have access to a working phone;
• Must have access to electronic mail;
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical and maintain confidentiality
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Concern for others — Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
Position is part-time. You will be expected to work weekdays, weekends and evenings as needed.
$20.00 per hour
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Alesha Brown at email@example.com with “Community Response Team Program Director- SC” in the subject line on or before May 1, 2023. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this position, please contact Alesha S. Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org 704-709-0135.